Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Obama taps 2 to be ambassadors to Tanzania, Belize
Monday - 7/8/2013, 8:10pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is nominating a top White House aide and a former judge to be ambassadors to Tanzania and Belize.
Obama has tapped Mark Childress, his deputy chief of staff and a former Senate staffer, to be the U.S. envoy to Tanzania. Obama was in Tanzania last week during his tour of three African nations.
The White House says Carlos Moreno is Obama's pick for Belize. Moreno served on California's state Supreme Court and also has been a federal district judge. He was one of a handful of people Obama considered in 2009 for an opening on the U.S. Supreme Court.
Both positions require Senate confirmation.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.