Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama taps 2 to be ambassadors to Tanzania, Belize
Monday - 7/8/2013, 8:10pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is nominating a top White House aide and a former judge to be ambassadors to Tanzania and Belize.
Obama has tapped Mark Childress, his deputy chief of staff and a former Senate staffer, to be the U.S. envoy to Tanzania. Obama was in Tanzania last week during his tour of three African nations.
The White House says Carlos Moreno is Obama's pick for Belize. Moreno served on California's state Supreme Court and also has been a federal district judge. He was one of a handful of people Obama considered in 2009 for an opening on the U.S. Supreme Court.
Both positions require Senate confirmation.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.