Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
George H.W. Bush turns 89, wears Superman socks
Wednesday - 6/12/2013, 2:59pm EDT
HOUSTON (AP) -- Former President George H.W. Bush is showing off his love for colorful, outlandish footwear by donning Superman socks to celebrate his 89th birthday.
Bush spent Wednesday with his family at their summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. A birthday photo released by his office in Houston shows a smiling Bush on a golf cart, wearing red and blue socks with the DC Entertainment comic hero logo -- complete with tiny capes on the back.
The 41st president has in past years marked his birthday with stunts such as skydiving. But Bush has had medical issues this year, and spent nearly two months in a Houston hospital with a bronchitis-related cough before being discharged in January.
Bush's wife, Barbara, turned 88 last Saturday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.