Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama, Peru's president in first official visit
Tuesday - 6/11/2013, 2:08pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says he and Peruvian President Ollanta Humala (o-YAH-nta ooh-MA-la) discussed during an Oval Office visit how to strengthen the relationship between their two countries.
Humala's visit to the White House Tuesday was his first official trip to the United States since his election in 2011. The two presidents told reporters invited in at the end of their meeting that they discussed economic growth, trade and their fight against drug trafficking.
Humala's three-day visit also includes meetings with Vice President Joe Biden, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a speech to business leaders at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. He also planned a stop in Boston to sign cooperation agreements with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.