Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Summary Box: Stocks close higher on hopes for Fed
Tuesday - 5/21/2013, 6:19pm EDT
The Associated Press
FED WATCH: Stock indexes wobbled in early trading Tuesday, then turned higher just before noon. That's when news crossed that James Bullard, a Federal Reserve official, told an audience that the Fed should stick with its bond-buying effort to bolster the economy.
NEXT UP: On Wednesday, the Fed will release minutes from its most recent policy meeting and Chairman Ben Bernanke will go before Congress.
FINAL SCORE: The Dow Jones industrial average rose 52.30 points, or 0.3 percent, to 15,387.58. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 2.87 points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,669.16. Both are at all-time highs.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.