Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Summary Box: Stocks close higher on hopes for Fed
Tuesday - 5/21/2013, 6:19pm EDT
The Associated Press
FED WATCH: Stock indexes wobbled in early trading Tuesday, then turned higher just before noon. That's when news crossed that James Bullard, a Federal Reserve official, told an audience that the Fed should stick with its bond-buying effort to bolster the economy.
NEXT UP: On Wednesday, the Fed will release minutes from its most recent policy meeting and Chairman Ben Bernanke will go before Congress.
FINAL SCORE: The Dow Jones industrial average rose 52.30 points, or 0.3 percent, to 15,387.58. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 2.87 points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,669.16. Both are at all-time highs.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.