Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama takes Cabinet secretaries out to play golf
Monday - 5/20/2013, 3:44am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama has taken two Cabinet secretaries out for a round of golf -- in the rain.
The White House said Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius (seh-BEEL'-yuhs) and outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood joined the president Saturday at Andrews Air Force Base. LaHood is running the Transportation Department until the Senate confirms Obama's choice of Charlotte, N.C., Mayor Anthony Foxx as successor.
Reporters saw Sebelius climb into the president's SUV before the motorcade left the White House. She's overseeing the president's health care law.
Before he got into the vehicle, Obama looked up at the grey sky with an outstretched hand. A steady rain was falling by the time he arrived about a half hour later.
White House assistant chef Sam Kass completes the foursome.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.