Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NRC to discuss review of Va. nuclear power plant
Friday - 5/17/2013, 7:10am EDT
SURRY, Va. (AP) -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has scheduled a meeting in Virginia to field questions on the agency's assessment of the safety performance last year at the Surry nuclear power plant.
The meeting is scheduled for May 23 in Surry. NRC staff will be available to answer questions.
The so-called NRC open house will focus on an annual inspection report. The latest review found that the plant operated in a manner that the NRC says preserved public health and safety and protected the environment.
The nuclear power plant 17 miles northwest of Newport News is operated by Dominion Virginia Power.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.