Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
NRC to discuss review of Va. nuclear power plant
Friday - 5/17/2013, 7:10am EDT
SURRY, Va. (AP) -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has scheduled a meeting in Virginia to field questions on the agency's assessment of the safety performance last year at the Surry nuclear power plant.
The meeting is scheduled for May 23 in Surry. NRC staff will be available to answer questions.
The so-called NRC open house will focus on an annual inspection report. The latest review found that the plant operated in a manner that the NRC says preserved public health and safety and protected the environment.
The nuclear power plant 17 miles northwest of Newport News is operated by Dominion Virginia Power.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.