Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Biden: Susan Rice has Obama's absolute confidence
Wednesday - 5/8/2013, 4:20am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden is praising U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice and her authoritative role in the Obama administration.
Biden says Rice has, in his words, "the absolute, total, complete confidence of the president." He says that when Rice speaks about foreign policy, nobody doubts that she's speaking for President Barack Obama.
Biden spoke Tuesday night at a gala for the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies. The think tank focuses on African-American issues and is honoring Rice with an award.
Biden's comments come a day before a House hearing on the deadly assault on a U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.
Rice was vilified for making widely debunked claims after the attack that protests, not terrorism, precipitated the raid. The incident cost Rice an opportunity to become secretary of state.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.