Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Biden: Susan Rice has Obama's absolute confidence
Wednesday - 5/8/2013, 4:20am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden is praising U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice and her authoritative role in the Obama administration.
Biden says Rice has, in his words, "the absolute, total, complete confidence of the president." He says that when Rice speaks about foreign policy, nobody doubts that she's speaking for President Barack Obama.
Biden spoke Tuesday night at a gala for the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies. The think tank focuses on African-American issues and is honoring Rice with an award.
Biden's comments come a day before a House hearing on the deadly assault on a U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.
Rice was vilified for making widely debunked claims after the attack that protests, not terrorism, precipitated the raid. The incident cost Rice an opportunity to become secretary of state.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.