Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Biden: Susan Rice has Obama's absolute confidence
Wednesday - 5/8/2013, 4:20am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden is praising U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice and her authoritative role in the Obama administration.
Biden says Rice has, in his words, "the absolute, total, complete confidence of the president." He says that when Rice speaks about foreign policy, nobody doubts that she's speaking for President Barack Obama.
Biden spoke Tuesday night at a gala for the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies. The think tank focuses on African-American issues and is honoring Rice with an award.
Biden's comments come a day before a House hearing on the deadly assault on a U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.
Rice was vilified for making widely debunked claims after the attack that protests, not terrorism, precipitated the raid. The incident cost Rice an opportunity to become secretary of state.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.