Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pelosi, top House Dems to dine with Obama
Wednesday - 5/8/2013, 4:20am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House says President Barack Obama has invited House Democratic leaders to dinner Wednesday at a hotel near the White House.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California will attend the private dinner, along with the No. 2 and No. 3 Democrats in the House, congressmen Steny Hoyer of Maryland and James Clyburn of South Carolina. The top Democrat on the House Budget Committee, Maryland's Chris Van Hollen, will be there, plus the chair of the House Democrat's campaign arm, Steve Israel of New York.
The dinner continues Obama's months-long efforts to build stronger ties with lawmakers from both parties in hopes of finding common ground going forward.
Obama has held similar dinners with Senate Democrats and Republicans. He played golf Monday with a bipartisan trio of senators.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.