Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama honors predecessor Bush at library ceremony
Thursday - 4/25/2013, 5:28pm EDT
DALLAS (AP) -- President Barack Obama is honoring the presidency of George W. Bush, at the dedication of the Bush library in Dallas.
On a day when politics was set aside, the president described his Republican predecessor as a "good man" and as a leader who demonstrated strength, resolve and compassion.
Obama called the dedication of the George W. Bush Presidential Center a "Texas-sized party" befitting the former president.
All five living American presidents are gathered in Dallas for the dedication. Obama says that's a pretty exclusive club -- but it's more like a support group for the men who have held an incredibly difficult job.
The president says, "It's impossible to truly understand the nature of the job until it's yours."
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.