Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Goodell meets with Browns owner over investigation
Thursday - 4/25/2013, 6:46am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he met with Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam on Tuesday about the federal investigation into his family's truck stop chain.
The FBI alleges widespread fraud of customers at Pilot Flying J, the country's largest diesel retailer. Haslam has said he won't step aside from the Browns or as the company's CEO.
Asked at a pre-draft event Wednesday if he was concerned, Goodell said "of course when you have that type of thing."
Goodell adds: "Jimmy's doing everything he's asked. He's cooperating. He wants to make sure that he's doing all the right things in that regard, and he's assured us he's going to."
The NFL vets all prospective owners, but Goodell says the league couldn't have known about the investigation before Haslam bought the team last year unless the FBI had chosen to share that information.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.