Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Goodell meets with Browns owner over investigation
Thursday - 4/25/2013, 6:46am EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says he met with Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam on Tuesday about the federal investigation into his family's truck stop chain.
The FBI alleges widespread fraud of customers at Pilot Flying J, the country's largest diesel retailer. Haslam has said he won't step aside from the Browns or as the company's CEO.
Asked at a pre-draft event Wednesday if he was concerned, Goodell said "of course when you have that type of thing."
Goodell adds: "Jimmy's doing everything he's asked. He's cooperating. He wants to make sure that he's doing all the right things in that regard, and he's assured us he's going to."
The NFL vets all prospective owners, but Goodell says the league couldn't have known about the investigation before Haslam bought the team last year unless the FBI had chosen to share that information.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.