Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
US sanctions 2 Lebanese exchange houses
Tuesday - 4/23/2013, 4:20pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. Treasury Department is putting sanctions on two Lebanese exchange houses it says laundered drug money to support the militant Hezbollah.
Officials named Kassem Rmeiti & Co. for Exchange and Halawi Exchange Co. as "institutions of primary money laundering concern" under a section of the Patriot Act.
Tuesday's action is the first time the provision of the law has been used against a financial institution that was not a bank.
David S. Cohen, Treasury undersecretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, says the Joumaa narcotics network turned to the two exchanges for money laundering after Treasury acted against the Lebanese Canadian Bank in 2011.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.