Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Michelle Obama visits, thanks government employees
Tuesday - 4/23/2013, 2:00pm EDT
STACY A. ANDERSON
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Michelle Obama is thanking federal employees for their service and sacrifices as they do more work with fewer resources.
The first lady thanked hundreds of workers at the Interior Department Tuesday for putting the country "on the path to energy independence," protecting precious natural resources and preserving monuments for future generations to enjoy.
She said the department's work is not only vital to the country's economy and preserving the environment, but critical for children's health in the nation. Mrs. Obama-- a proponent of physical fitness and healthy eating for children-- said playing outdoors is an inexpensive way to keep youth moving, which benefits both their physical and emotional health.
She previously visited the department and several others in 2009 after President Barack Obama was first elected.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.