Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama political group steps up immigration efforts
Tuesday - 4/23/2013, 1:40pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's political support group is stepping up its immigration efforts as the Senate holds hearings on overhauling the nation's broken system.
Organizing for Action will hold an immigration "day of action" May 2 that could include rallies around the country and visits to members of Congress. The group is also holding nearly 250 phone banks Tuesday to appeal for supporters to get involved.
The goal is to mobilize OFA's massive voter database -- the same one that helped elect Obama twice -- to support one of the president's top legislative priorities. Obama is backing a draft bill written by bipartisan senators that would secure the border and provide a path to citizenship for some of the 11 million people in the U.S. illegally.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.