Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama political group steps up immigration efforts
Tuesday - 4/23/2013, 1:40pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's political support group is stepping up its immigration efforts as the Senate holds hearings on overhauling the nation's broken system.
Organizing for Action will hold an immigration "day of action" May 2 that could include rallies around the country and visits to members of Congress. The group is also holding nearly 250 phone banks Tuesday to appeal for supporters to get involved.
The goal is to mobilize OFA's massive voter database -- the same one that helped elect Obama twice -- to support one of the president's top legislative priorities. Obama is backing a draft bill written by bipartisan senators that would secure the border and provide a path to citizenship for some of the 11 million people in the U.S. illegally.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.