Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama political group steps up immigration efforts
Tuesday - 4/23/2013, 1:40pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's political support group is stepping up its immigration efforts as the Senate holds hearings on overhauling the nation's broken system.
Organizing for Action will hold an immigration "day of action" May 2 that could include rallies around the country and visits to members of Congress. The group is also holding nearly 250 phone banks Tuesday to appeal for supporters to get involved.
The goal is to mobilize OFA's massive voter database -- the same one that helped elect Obama twice -- to support one of the president's top legislative priorities. Obama is backing a draft bill written by bipartisan senators that would secure the border and provide a path to citizenship for some of the 11 million people in the U.S. illegally.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.