Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
NRC plans Lynchburg meeting on B&W facility review
Monday - 4/22/2013, 4:10am EDT
LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) -- Federal regulators and Babcock & Wilcox Nuclear Operations Group will discuss a review of the company's nuclear fuel fabrication facility at a meeting this week in Lynchburg.
The 2012 performance review by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff assessed the facility's performance in security, safety operations, radiological controls, facility support and licensing.
The meeting is set for 6 p.m. Tuesday at Lynchburg City Hall. It's open to the public. But the NRC says the security assessment won't be discussed publicly because of the information's sensitive nature.
The NRC says the assessment didn't find any areas that need improvement during the review period.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.