Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Congress approves DC interim CFO bill
Friday - 4/19/2013, 12:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A bill that would allow the District of Columbia mayor to appoint an interim chief financial officer has passed the House and Senate and is expected to be signed by President Barack Obama.
Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, a Democrat who represents the district in Congress, says the Senate passed the bill last night by a voice vote. The House passed it earlier this week.
Norton proposed the bill to ensure there would not be a vacancy in the office, which was created by Congress and is independent of mayoral control. The city can't budget or spend money without the CFO's approval.
Longtime CFO Natwar Gandhi plans to retire in June. Mayor Vincent Gray has established a search committee for a new CFO that includes former mayor Anthony Williams.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.