Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Joint chiefs chairman Dempsey adds SKorea visit
Thursday - 4/18/2013, 7:38pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Gen. Martin Dempsey, the top U.S. military officer, is adding a South Korea stop to his previously announced trip to China in order to meet face to face with his South Korean counterpart on the North Korea situation.
Dempsey and his counterpart, Gen. Jung Seung-jo, held a video-teleconference Thursday and reaffirmed their nation's security alliance.
On his South Korea visit Sunday, Dempsey also will meet with the senior American commander there, Gen. James Thurman.
Thurman and the chief of the South Korean military both canceled plans to come to Washington this week due to the heightened tensions with North Korea. Thurman was supposed to testify before Congress.
A spokesman for Dempsey, Col. David Lapan, said Dempsey added the South Korea stop in order to discuss North Korea and other topics.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.