Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Airline passenger complaint rate was up in 2012
Monday - 4/8/2013, 8:00am EDT
The Associated Press
Airline passengers filed 11,445 complaints with the Transportation Department last year, an increase of more than one-fifth from 2011.
The rate of complaints per 100,000 passengers also rose, from 1.19 in 2011 to 1.43 last year.
A breakdown of that rate for the 14 largest U.S. carriers from a report being released Monday on airline quality by researchers at Purdue University and Wichita State University. The first rate is for 2012; the second for 2011.
--Air Tran: 0.91; 0.72
--Alaska: 0.51; 0.48
--American: 1.80; 1.46
--American Eagle: 1.27; 1.45
--Delta: 0.73; 1.23
--Frontier: 1.05; 0.76
--Hawaiian: 0.89; 0.70
--JetBlue: 0.79; 1.08
--SkyWest: 0.88; 0.73
--Southwest: 0.25; 0.32
--United: 4.24; 2.21
--US Airways: 1.74; 1.91
--Virgin America: 1.50
2011 rates were not available for ExpressJet and Virgin America.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.