Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Biennial US military exercise in Alaska canceled
Friday - 4/5/2013, 8:40pm EDT
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) -- U.S. military officials say the massive Northern Edge exercise held biennially in Alaska has been cancelled this year because of the latest federal budget cuts.
The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner (http://is.gd/vfcTEb ) says this year's exercise had been scheduled to run from June 17 to June 28.
Northern Edge involves thousands of U.S. personnel from various branches of the armed forces.
The Alaskan Command says the cancellation does not mean an end to Northern Edge. It says "Alaska remains an extremely important part" in supporting national interests in the Asia-Pacific region.
The cancellation follows a recent Air Force announcement that the annual Red Flag exercise that had been scheduled for this month in Alaska was being canceled, also because of federal budget cutbacks.
Information from: Fairbanks (Alaska) Daily News-Miner, http://www.newsminer.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.