Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Va guard members training ahead of deployment
Thursday - 4/4/2013, 4:10am EDT
EMPORIA, Va. (AP) -- About 160 members of the Virginia National Guard are conducting final training for a deployment to Afghanistan.
Officials say a departure ceremony was held in Emporia Wednesday for the members of the 1710th Transportation Company, 529th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, 329th Regional Support Group.
The soldiers entered federal active duty on Monday. They will conduct their final training at Fort Hood in Texas for up to 60 days before heading to Afghanistan.
Once there, they are expected to conduct transportation support operations and convoy security for military and host nation convoys during their year-long deployment.
It is the first Virginia National Guard unit to serve on federal active duty since July. The unit last served federal active duty in Iraq from May 2008 to February 2009.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.