Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lawyer: Murtha-linked Pa. brothers to plead guilty
Wednesday - 3/27/2013, 12:20pm EDT
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A defense attorney says two Pennsylvania brothers who co-owned a defense contracting business linked to late U.S. Rep. John Murtha will plead guilty to conspiring to charge $650,000 for military component parts that were never delivered.
Stanton Levenson released the statement Wednesday about his clients Ronald and William Kuchera. The brothers' western Pennsylvania businesses, Kuchera Defense Systems Inc. and Kuchera Industries Inc., were targeted by the investigation.
The brothers also are accused of claiming as business expenses money they spent on lobbying, a private airplane, hunting trips and expenses for a game ranch.
They also are accused of expensing kickbacks paid to Richard Ianieri, a defense contractor convicted in a Florida federal court for taking kickbacks, who has since cooperated with the government.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.