Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Roberts' gay cousin to attend Prop 8 argument
Tuesday - 3/26/2013, 7:30am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A woman from California says she and her lesbian partner will attend the gay marriage argument at the Supreme Court, courtesy of her cousin, Chief Justice John Roberts.
Jean Podrasky says she and Roberts are first cousins, and that he knows she is gay.
Podrasky tells the Los Angeles Times that she will be in a seat reserved for guests of the justices when the court hears the highly anticipated case on California's ban on same-sex marriage.
In a separate open letter, Podrasky writes that Roberts is "a good man" and that she is confident he knows that a ruling "in favor of equality" is in line with the views of most Americans.
Podrasky was not immediately available to comment Monday. A court spokeswoman said Roberts had no comment.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.