Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Roberts' gay cousin to attend Prop 8 argument
Tuesday - 3/26/2013, 7:30am EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A woman from California says she and her lesbian partner will attend the gay marriage argument at the Supreme Court, courtesy of her cousin, Chief Justice John Roberts.
Jean Podrasky says she and Roberts are first cousins, and that he knows she is gay.
Podrasky tells the Los Angeles Times that she will be in a seat reserved for guests of the justices when the court hears the highly anticipated case on California's ban on same-sex marriage.
In a separate open letter, Podrasky writes that Roberts is "a good man" and that she is confident he knows that a ruling "in favor of equality" is in line with the views of most Americans.
Podrasky was not immediately available to comment Monday. A court spokeswoman said Roberts had no comment.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.