Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Administration again advances Brown for TVA board
Monday - 3/25/2013, 12:00pm EDT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The Obama administration has angered Tennessee's U.S. senators by nominating energy-efficiency expert Marilyn Brown for a full term on the TVA board.
The nomination, sent to the Senate on Thursday night, comes two months after Sens. Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker procedurally blocked a previous attempt by President Barack Obama to gain confirmation of Brown to a six-year term.
Brown was appointed to the Tennessee Valley Authority Board of Directors in 2010 to fill out an unexpired term until 2012. Both Alexander and Corker expressed irritation, but did not say they would try to block the nomination again.
The Tennessean (http://tnne.ws/15Lc0We ), however, quoted Stephen Smith, executive director of the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy, who called the news releases "a pretty clear signal" from the lawmakers.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.