Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lawmakers call for more US involvement in Syria
Monday - 3/25/2013, 3:00pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee is calling for greater United States involvement in Syria through the creation of safe zone that would allow the U.S. military to train opposition forces attempting to overthrow President Bashar Assad.
Rep. Mike Rogers of Michigan said on CBS "Face the Nation" on Sunday that he doesn't want to lure the United States into a "big boots, on-the-ground conflict."
However, Rogers said he believes a greater U.S. presence is necessary to prevent chemical and conventional weapons from falling into the hands of anyone who would like to harm the United States if Assad is forced out.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.