Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Transportation department launches car safety app
Thursday - 3/21/2013, 12:39pm EDT
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Transportation Department is launching a free app for iPhones and iPods that gives real-time vehicle safety information.
Consumers can use the "SaferCar" app to look for crash test ratings for vehicles by make and model. They can also use the app to file a vehicle safety complaint, find recall information, subscribe to recall notices and find the nearest car seat installation station.
Vehicle safety information is also available on SaferCar.gov, run by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The agency is developing a version of the app for Android devices.
For more information:
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.