Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for Thomas Perez
Monday - 3/18/2013, 2:30pm EDT
The Associated Press
Biographical information on Labor Secretary nominee Thomas Perez:
NAME: Thomas E. Perez.
AGE: 51. Born in Buffalo, N.Y., on Oct. 7, 1961.
EDUCATION: B.A., Brown University, 1983; master of Public Policy, Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, 1987; J.D., Harvard Law School, 1987.
EXPERIENCE: Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, 2009-present; Secretary of Maryland's Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, 2006-2009; member of the Montgomery County, Md., Council, 2002-2006; director, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights, 1999-2001; special counsel to Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., 1995-1998; federal prosecutor, Criminal Section of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, 1989-1995; law clerk to Judge Zita L. Weinshienk, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 1987-1989.
FAMILY: Wife, Ann Marie Staudenmaier, an attorney with the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless; three children.
QUOTE: "Over my career, I've learned that true progress is possible if you keep an open mind, listen to all sides and focus on results," Perez said Monday at the announcement of his nomination.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.