Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for Thomas Perez
Monday - 3/18/2013, 2:30pm EDT
The Associated Press
Biographical information on Labor Secretary nominee Thomas Perez:
NAME: Thomas E. Perez.
AGE: 51. Born in Buffalo, N.Y., on Oct. 7, 1961.
EDUCATION: B.A., Brown University, 1983; master of Public Policy, Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, 1987; J.D., Harvard Law School, 1987.
EXPERIENCE: Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, 2009-present; Secretary of Maryland's Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, 2006-2009; member of the Montgomery County, Md., Council, 2002-2006; director, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights, 1999-2001; special counsel to Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., 1995-1998; federal prosecutor, Criminal Section of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, 1989-1995; law clerk to Judge Zita L. Weinshienk, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 1987-1989.
FAMILY: Wife, Ann Marie Staudenmaier, an attorney with the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless; three children.
QUOTE: "Over my career, I've learned that true progress is possible if you keep an open mind, listen to all sides and focus on results," Perez said Monday at the announcement of his nomination.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.