Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for US Sen. Rob Portman
Friday - 3/15/2013, 12:00pm EDT
The Associated Press
Biographical information on Republican U.S. Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio, who is now supporting gay marriage and says his reversal on the issue began when he learned one of his sons is gay:
NAME: Robert Jones "Rob" Portman.
AGE: 57. Born in Cincinnati, Dec. 19, 1955.
EDUCATION: B.A., Dartmouth College, 1979; J.D., University of Michigan School of Law, 1984.
EXPERIENCE: U.S. Senate, 2011-present; director, White House Office of Management and Budget, 2006-07; U.S. trade representative under President George W. Bush, 2005; U.S. House, 1993-2005; deputy assistant and director, Office of Legislative Affairs, White House, 1989-91; associate counsel to President George H.W. Bush, 1989.
FAMILY: Wife, Jane; three children; Jed, 22, Will, 21 and Sally, 18.
RELIGION: Methodist (changed from Presbyterian after marriage).
HOBBIES: Kayaking, biking, hunting.
QUOTE: "I have come to believe that if two people are prepared to make a lifetime commitment to love and care for each other in good times and in bad, the government shouldn't deny them the opportunity to get married," Portman wrote in an op-ed published Friday in The Columbus Dispatch.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.