Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Biographical information for US Sen. Rob Portman
Friday - 3/15/2013, 12:00pm EDT
The Associated Press
Biographical information on Republican U.S. Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio, who is now supporting gay marriage and says his reversal on the issue began when he learned one of his sons is gay:
NAME: Robert Jones "Rob" Portman.
AGE: 57. Born in Cincinnati, Dec. 19, 1955.
EDUCATION: B.A., Dartmouth College, 1979; J.D., University of Michigan School of Law, 1984.
EXPERIENCE: U.S. Senate, 2011-present; director, White House Office of Management and Budget, 2006-07; U.S. trade representative under President George W. Bush, 2005; U.S. House, 1993-2005; deputy assistant and director, Office of Legislative Affairs, White House, 1989-91; associate counsel to President George H.W. Bush, 1989.
FAMILY: Wife, Jane; three children; Jed, 22, Will, 21 and Sally, 18.
RELIGION: Methodist (changed from Presbyterian after marriage).
HOBBIES: Kayaking, biking, hunting.
QUOTE: "I have come to believe that if two people are prepared to make a lifetime commitment to love and care for each other in good times and in bad, the government shouldn't deny them the opportunity to get married," Portman wrote in an op-ed published Friday in The Columbus Dispatch.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.