Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama invites budget writers to White House lunch
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 1:38pm EST
AP White House Correspondent
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama has invited the top House budget writers for lunch at the White House.
The White House announced Thursday Obama was having lunch in his private dining room with the Budget Committee chairman, Republican Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, and Ranking Democrat Chris Van Hollen of Maryland. Ryan was the GOP's vice presidential nominee last year.
The lunch follows Obama's dinner Wednesday night with a dozen GOP senators. The president is trying to build support among rank-and-file Republicans for starting talks on a long-term deficit reduction deal.
Ryan previewed a plan this week to erase federal deficits without raising taxes. Obama has insisted that higher taxes be part of any measure.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.