Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama invites budget writers to White House lunch
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 1:38pm EST
AP White House Correspondent
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama has invited the top House budget writers for lunch at the White House.
The White House announced Thursday Obama was having lunch in his private dining room with the Budget Committee chairman, Republican Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, and Ranking Democrat Chris Van Hollen of Maryland. Ryan was the GOP's vice presidential nominee last year.
The lunch follows Obama's dinner Wednesday night with a dozen GOP senators. The president is trying to build support among rank-and-file Republicans for starting talks on a long-term deficit reduction deal.
Ryan previewed a plan this week to erase federal deficits without raising taxes. Obama has insisted that higher taxes be part of any measure.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.