Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Obama invites budget writers to White House lunch
Thursday - 3/7/2013, 1:38pm EST
AP White House Correspondent
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama has invited the top House budget writers for lunch at the White House.
The White House announced Thursday Obama was having lunch in his private dining room with the Budget Committee chairman, Republican Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, and Ranking Democrat Chris Van Hollen of Maryland. Ryan was the GOP's vice presidential nominee last year.
The lunch follows Obama's dinner Wednesday night with a dozen GOP senators. The president is trying to build support among rank-and-file Republicans for starting talks on a long-term deficit reduction deal.
Ryan previewed a plan this week to erase federal deficits without raising taxes. Obama has insisted that higher taxes be part of any measure.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.