Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama presents Purple Hearts to 2 wounded troops
Tuesday - 3/5/2013, 4:51pm EST
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) -- President Barack Obama has presented Purple Hearts to two troops wounded in service.
Obama presented the honors while visiting wounded troops at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md. That's where many U.S. troops injured in Iran and Afghanistan are treated.
Obama visited for about an hour with 15 service members from the Army and Marines and one member of NATO forces. He also participated in a promotion ceremony for a military member.
The White House didn't release names or details about the wounded troops.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.