Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Obama presents Purple Hearts to 2 wounded troops
Tuesday - 3/5/2013, 4:51pm EST
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) -- President Barack Obama has presented Purple Hearts to two troops wounded in service.
Obama presented the honors while visiting wounded troops at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md. That's where many U.S. troops injured in Iran and Afghanistan are treated.
Obama visited for about an hour with 15 service members from the Army and Marines and one member of NATO forces. He also participated in a promotion ceremony for a military member.
The White House didn't release names or details about the wounded troops.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.