Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
First lady quips that midlife crisis led to bangs
Tuesday - 2/19/2013, 10:44am EST
PALM CITY, Fla. (AP) -- Michelle Obama jokingly says a midlife crisis is what inspired her new haircut with bangs.
The first lady revealed the new hairstyle last month on her 49th birthday, which came a few days before the festivities for President Barack Obama's second inauguration.
Mrs. Obama was asked about the new haircut during an interview with talk-show host Rachael Ray.
Said Mrs. Obama: "This is my midlife crisis." She added that she cut her bangs because she can't get a sports car and won't be allowed to bungee jump.
The interview was conducted via Skype and is scheduled to air on Wednesday. The Rachael Ray show released excerpts on Monday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.