Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Obama: Growth vs. deficit reduction a false choice
Sunday - 2/17/2013, 2:32pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says the U.S. doesn't have to choose between growing the economy and shrinking the deficit.
In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama says no American who works full time should live in poverty. He's asking Americans to support his proposals to raise the minimum wage, pass comprehensive immigration reform and incentivize companies to create jobs in the U.S.
He says education, job training and benefits for the elderly shouldn't be sacrificed even as the government seeks spending cuts to reduce its future debt.
In the Republican address, Rep. Martha Roby of Alabama says Congress must protect the military from devastating cuts by averting the automatic spending cuts set to hit on March 1. She says Obama and Democrats want to use the so-called sequester to raise taxes.
Obama address: http://www.whitehouse.gov
GOP address: http://www.youtube.com/HouseConference
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.