Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
FDA seizes illegal dietary supplements in Florida
Thursday - 2/14/2013, 7:19pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Food and Drug Administration says U.S. marshals have seized illegal dietary supplements from a Florida company because some may contain a dangerous pharmaceutical ingredient.
Several of the supplements from Globe All Wellness LLC contain the active ingredient in Meridia, a weight loss drug that was withdrawn from the market in 2010. The drug was pulled after studies showed it could increase the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Among other problems, the Hollywood, Florida-based company made unsubstantiated claims about the benefits of its products and did not comply with manufacturing standards.
Dietary supplements are subject to lighter regulation than prescription drugs. They cannot contain prescription drug ingredients or claim to treat disease.
Government agents seized various lots of products including: SlimXtreme, SlimPlus, SlimLee, GelSlim, SlimDrops and Colonew.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.