Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama, first lady out on Valentine's dinner date
Friday - 2/15/2013, 10:10am EST
STACY A. ANDERSON
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Flowers? Check. A gift? Check. President Barack Obama said he had both and was ready for a Valentine's Day date with the first lady.
Speaking in suburban Atlanta on Thursday, Obama said his wife, Michelle, made him promise to get back to the White House in time for their date.
He did, of course, several hours before they left the White House together for the short ride to chef Jose Andres' restaurant Minibar.
Obama had joked earlier that getting flowers is easier with a Rose Garden right outside the door.
Except the garden was devoid of colorful roses, or flowers of any kind, on Thursday.
The White House Rose Garden, located just outside the Oval Office, was started in 1913 when first lady Ellen Wilson began planting roses there.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.