Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Feds roll out cyber plan as Hill vows legislation
Wednesday - 2/13/2013, 11:40pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Administration officials and lawmakers say America is losing an aggressive cyber-espionage campaign waged from China.
Wednesday, both sides agreed to push legislation that would make it easier for the government and industry to share information about who is getting hacked and what to do about it.
They say the new partnership is critical to keeping countries like China, Russia and even Iran from rummaging in American computer networks and targeting proprietary data. That data can be used to wreak havoc or compete against U.S. businesses.
Tuesday, President Barack Obama signed an executive order that relies heavily on participation from U.S. industry in creating new voluntary standards for protecting information. The order also expands the government's effort to share threat data with companies.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says until Congress acts, President Obama will be fighting to defend this country with one hand tied behind his back. The Democrat promised Wednesday to advance a bipartisan proposal "as soon as possible."