Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News summary: SBA head Karen Mills to resign
Monday - 2/11/2013, 6:11pm EST
The Associated Press
STEPPING DOWN: Small Business Administration head Karen Mills says she plans to resign. She joins a number of officials who are leaving the Obama administration.
SCORECARD: Under Mills, the SBA focused on helping companies not only by guaranteeing loans, but also providing more counseling so struggling businesses would be able to qualify for financing -- and eventually, to create jobs. The SBA also recruited more banks to make loans to small businesses. The agency also streamlined its loan application process.
THE REACTION: Small-business groups praised Mills for her work to help companies during tough economic times.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.