Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News summary: SBA head Karen Mills to resign
Monday - 2/11/2013, 6:11pm EST
The Associated Press
STEPPING DOWN: Small Business Administration head Karen Mills says she plans to resign. She joins a number of officials who are leaving the Obama administration.
SCORECARD: Under Mills, the SBA focused on helping companies not only by guaranteeing loans, but also providing more counseling so struggling businesses would be able to qualify for financing -- and eventually, to create jobs. The SBA also recruited more banks to make loans to small businesses. The agency also streamlined its loan application process.
THE REACTION: Small-business groups praised Mills for her work to help companies during tough economic times.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.