Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News summary: SBA head Karen Mills to resign
Monday - 2/11/2013, 6:11pm EST
The Associated Press
STEPPING DOWN: Small Business Administration head Karen Mills says she plans to resign. She joins a number of officials who are leaving the Obama administration.
SCORECARD: Under Mills, the SBA focused on helping companies not only by guaranteeing loans, but also providing more counseling so struggling businesses would be able to qualify for financing -- and eventually, to create jobs. The SBA also recruited more banks to make loans to small businesses. The agency also streamlined its loan application process.
THE REACTION: Small-business groups praised Mills for her work to help companies during tough economic times.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.