Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News summary: SBA head Karen Mills to resign
Monday - 2/11/2013, 6:11pm EST
The Associated Press
STEPPING DOWN: Small Business Administration head Karen Mills says she plans to resign. She joins a number of officials who are leaving the Obama administration.
SCORECARD: Under Mills, the SBA focused on helping companies not only by guaranteeing loans, but also providing more counseling so struggling businesses would be able to qualify for financing -- and eventually, to create jobs. The SBA also recruited more banks to make loans to small businesses. The agency also streamlined its loan application process.
THE REACTION: Small-business groups praised Mills for her work to help companies during tough economic times.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.