Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Giffords group starts airing gun-control TV ad
Monday - 2/11/2013, 2:38pm EST
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is taking to the airwaves in hopes of persuading Congress to approve gun-control measures.
A political action committee formed by Giffords and husband Mark Kelly says it began airing a TV commercial Monday that shows images of the aftermath of four mass shootings and an on-camera appeal by Giffords for congressional action.
She's recovering from a head wound suffered in a January 2011 shooting in Tucson.
The ad specifically calls for universal background checks of gun purchasers.
Americans for Responsible Solutions says the ad is airing in Washington and in home districts and states of congressional leaders in San Francisco, Cincinnati, Las Vegas and Louisville, Ky.
Group spokeswoman Jen Bluestein will only say the cost of the airtime tops $100,000.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.