Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US condemns attack on refugee camp in Iraq
Monday - 2/11/2013, 12:10pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department is condemning the rocket and mortar attack that killed six people and wounded dozens of others at a refugee camp near Baghdad's international airport.
In a statement issued Saturday, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland denounced what she called "the vicious and senseless terrorist attack" and offered condolences from the United States to the families of the victims.
Nuland acknowledged that the Iraqi government is investigating the attack and called on the government to take all appropriate measures to enhance security for its people.
More than 3,000 people live at the camp. The government of Iraq has asked the international community to hasten the resettlement of the refugees.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.