Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
US condemns attack on refugee camp in Iraq
Monday - 2/11/2013, 12:10pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department is condemning the rocket and mortar attack that killed six people and wounded dozens of others at a refugee camp near Baghdad's international airport.
In a statement issued Saturday, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland denounced what she called "the vicious and senseless terrorist attack" and offered condolences from the United States to the families of the victims.
Nuland acknowledged that the Iraqi government is investigating the attack and called on the government to take all appropriate measures to enhance security for its people.
More than 3,000 people live at the camp. The government of Iraq has asked the international community to hasten the resettlement of the refugees.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.