Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
US condemns attack on refugee camp in Iraq
Monday - 2/11/2013, 12:10pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department is condemning the rocket and mortar attack that killed six people and wounded dozens of others at a refugee camp near Baghdad's international airport.
In a statement issued Saturday, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland denounced what she called "the vicious and senseless terrorist attack" and offered condolences from the United States to the families of the victims.
Nuland acknowledged that the Iraqi government is investigating the attack and called on the government to take all appropriate measures to enhance security for its people.
More than 3,000 people live at the camp. The government of Iraq has asked the international community to hasten the resettlement of the refugees.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.