Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Rand Paul to deliver tea party response to Obama
Friday - 2/8/2013, 6:09pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Marco Rubio isn't the only potential Republican presidential candidate delivering a response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address. Sen. Rand Paul is giving the tea party's response.
The Tea Party Express, one of the largest organizations in the movement, said Friday that the Kentucky senator will deliver its response. The conservative lawmaker will speak immediately after Rubio, who is giving the official Republican response to the president Tuesday night.
The group says it's pleased that Rubio and Paul, both of whom had the backing of the movement in their 2010 elections, will be speaking.
Previous tea party speakers who countered Obama's major address were Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and 2012 presidential candidate Herman Cain.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.