Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Rand Paul to deliver tea party response to Obama
Friday - 2/8/2013, 6:09pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Marco Rubio isn't the only potential Republican presidential candidate delivering a response to President Barack Obama's State of the Union address. Sen. Rand Paul is giving the tea party's response.
The Tea Party Express, one of the largest organizations in the movement, said Friday that the Kentucky senator will deliver its response. The conservative lawmaker will speak immediately after Rubio, who is giving the official Republican response to the president Tuesday night.
The group says it's pleased that Rubio and Paul, both of whom had the backing of the movement in their 2010 elections, will be speaking.
Previous tea party speakers who countered Obama's major address were Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and 2012 presidential candidate Herman Cain.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.