Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obama to hold at least 14 Democratic fundraisers
Thursday - 2/7/2013, 11:01am EST
AP White House Correspondent
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama may not have more elections in his own future, but he's offering to help fellow Democrats raise money for their campaigns.
Democratic officials say Obama plans to headline at least 14 fundraisers this year for the party's House and Senate candidates. Some of the events will be in Washington, but most will be held around the county.
Vice President Joe Biden and Michelle Obama will also have a robust campaign schedule on behalf of Democratic candidates.
The president is likely to step up fundraising for Democrats next year as the 2014 midterm elections near. Maintaining a Democratic majority in the Senate and picking up Democratic seats in the House will be crucial to Obama as he seeks support for his second-term agenda.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.