Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Reid gives backing to New Jersey senator
Sunday - 2/3/2013, 8:53am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says he has the "utmost confidence" in fellow Democratic Sen. Robert Menendez and says he has confidence the New Jersey senator "did nothing wrong" in associating with a prominent political donor who appears to be under investigation by the FBI.
Reid adds: "But that's what investigations are all about."
Menendez's office last week disclosed that he reimbursed the donor, Dr. Salomon Melgen, for the full cost of two trips that Menendez took in 2010 to the Dominican Republic.
The FBI searched the eye doctor's office in a raid that took place on Tuesday night and early Wednesday.
Reid said on ABC's "This Week" that he's comfortable with Menendez serving as the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)