Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Panetta says politics at play in Hagel questioning
Saturday - 2/2/2013, 8:40pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says "the political knives" came out when former Sen. Chuck Hagel appeared before a Senate committee for a confirmation hearing.
Republicans on the Armed Services Committee grilled Hagel about his views on Iran and Israel and other issues.
In discussing the nomination of Hagel, Panetta tells NBC's "Meet the Press" that he is disappointed that the questions Hagel received at the hearing Thursday focused so much on what Hagel has said in the past instead of what he thinks about today's issues.
Panetta says the committee didn't spend enough time discussing such matters as the war in Afghanistan, the war on terrorism, and looming automatic budget cuts and their impact on military readiness.
The Panetta interview airs Sunday on "Meet the Press."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)