Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Panetta says politics at play in Hagel questioning
Saturday - 2/2/2013, 8:40pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says "the political knives" came out when former Sen. Chuck Hagel appeared before a Senate committee for a confirmation hearing.
Republicans on the Armed Services Committee grilled Hagel about his views on Iran and Israel and other issues.
In discussing the nomination of Hagel, Panetta tells NBC's "Meet the Press" that he is disappointed that the questions Hagel received at the hearing Thursday focused so much on what Hagel has said in the past instead of what he thinks about today's issues.
Panetta says the committee didn't spend enough time discussing such matters as the war in Afghanistan, the war on terrorism, and looming automatic budget cuts and their impact on military readiness.
The Panetta interview airs Sunday on "Meet the Press."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)