Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Dems seeking Senate candidate meet with Goodwin
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 5:27pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Former Sen. Carte Goodwin has been meeting with Democratic officials who are seeking a candidate to run in 2014 for a West Virginia seat long in the party's hands.
Goodwin met with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the Capitol on Thursday.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller has announced plans to retire rather than run again next year. Republican Rep. Shelly Moore Capito has said she plans to seek the seat.
Goodwin served for a few months in the Senate in 2010 after he was appointed to fill a vacancy created by the death of Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
It was not known what other potential recruits Reid has met with, if any.
West Virginia has sent only Democrats to the Senate for decades, but has gone Republican in recent presidential elections.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)