Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Dems seeking Senate candidate meet with Goodwin
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 5:27pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Former Sen. Carte Goodwin has been meeting with Democratic officials who are seeking a candidate to run in 2014 for a West Virginia seat long in the party's hands.
Goodwin met with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the Capitol on Thursday.
Sen. Jay Rockefeller has announced plans to retire rather than run again next year. Republican Rep. Shelly Moore Capito has said she plans to seek the seat.
Goodwin served for a few months in the Senate in 2010 after he was appointed to fill a vacancy created by the death of Sen. Robert C. Byrd.
It was not known what other potential recruits Reid has met with, if any.
West Virginia has sent only Democrats to the Senate for decades, but has gone Republican in recent presidential elections.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)