Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Syria a top focus for Biden 3-country trip
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 12:09pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The ongoing civil war in Syria will be a primary focus when Vice President Joe Biden embarks on a three-country swing through Europe.
Biden leaves Thursday for Germany, France and the United Kingdom. It's his first international trip since the Obama administration's second term started.
While in Munich, Biden will meet with Moaz al-Khatib, Syria's top opposition leader, and with Lakhdar Brahimi, the international peace envoy for Syria. Biden will also discuss the Syrian conflict with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. Russia plays a key role in international efforts to resolve the conflict due to its longstanding ties to Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime.
Syria is also expected to come up when Biden meets with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Francois Hollande.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)