Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
White House says Obama to meet with Giffords
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 1:10pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is following up her dramatic appeal for gun control on Capitol Hill with a visit to the White House.
White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters that President Barack Obama was looking forward to seeing Giffords and her husband, retired and Navy Capt. Mark Kelly, later Wednesday.
He said everyone at the White House was "heartened" to see her appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
The former Arizona congresswoman spoke briefly and haltingly at the beginning of a Senate hearing on tougher gun laws. She urged lawmakers to "be bold" to pass laws to protect children.
Kelly testified as well and described his wife's struggles to walk, talk and see since being shot in an assassination attempt two years ago that left six others dead.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)