Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
AP sources: Former senators set to introduce Hagel
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 3:37pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Two former chairmen of the Senate Armed Services Committee _ one a Democrat, the other a Republican _ are set to introduce Chuck Hagel at his confirmation hearing for defense secretary.
Officials close to the confirmation process say former Democratic Sen. Sam Nunn of Georgia and former Republican Sen. John Warner of Virginia will make the presentation before the committee on Thursday.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the panel has not formally made an announcement.
Nunn served in the Senate from 1972 to 1997. Warner served from 1979 to 2009.
President Barack Obama has tapped Hagel, a former two-term Republican senator from Nebraska, to succeed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)