Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
AP sources: Former senators set to introduce Hagel
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 3:37pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Two former chairmen of the Senate Armed Services Committee _ one a Democrat, the other a Republican _ are set to introduce Chuck Hagel at his confirmation hearing for defense secretary.
Officials close to the confirmation process say former Democratic Sen. Sam Nunn of Georgia and former Republican Sen. John Warner of Virginia will make the presentation before the committee on Thursday.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the panel has not formally made an announcement.
Nunn served in the Senate from 1972 to 1997. Warner served from 1979 to 2009.
President Barack Obama has tapped Hagel, a former two-term Republican senator from Nebraska, to succeed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)