Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
AP sources: Former senators set to introduce Hagel
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 3:37pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Two former chairmen of the Senate Armed Services Committee _ one a Democrat, the other a Republican _ are set to introduce Chuck Hagel at his confirmation hearing for defense secretary.
Officials close to the confirmation process say former Democratic Sen. Sam Nunn of Georgia and former Republican Sen. John Warner of Virginia will make the presentation before the committee on Thursday.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the panel has not formally made an announcement.
Nunn served in the Senate from 1972 to 1997. Warner served from 1979 to 2009.
President Barack Obama has tapped Hagel, a former two-term Republican senator from Nebraska, to succeed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)