Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
AP sources: Former senators set to introduce Hagel
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 3:37pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Two former chairmen of the Senate Armed Services Committee _ one a Democrat, the other a Republican _ are set to introduce Chuck Hagel at his confirmation hearing for defense secretary.
Officials close to the confirmation process say former Democratic Sen. Sam Nunn of Georgia and former Republican Sen. John Warner of Virginia will make the presentation before the committee on Thursday.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the panel has not formally made an announcement.
Nunn served in the Senate from 1972 to 1997. Warner served from 1979 to 2009.
President Barack Obama has tapped Hagel, a former two-term Republican senator from Nebraska, to succeed Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)