Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Graham threatens to block Hagel pick over Libya
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 11:31am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Republican senator is threatening to block the nomination of Chuck Hagel to lead the Pentagon unless Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testifies about the deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya.
Sen. Lindsey Graham said in an interview with Fox News' "On the Record" Monday night that he would "absolutely" block the nomination until Panetta explains why the military wasn't called in during the raid.
U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack last September. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton testified for more than five hours last Wednesday before the House and Senate on the attack in Benghazi.
Graham has been critical of President Barack Obama's choice of former Republican Sen. Hagel.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)