Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Graham threatens to block Hagel pick over Libya
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 11:31am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Republican senator is threatening to block the nomination of Chuck Hagel to lead the Pentagon unless Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testifies about the deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya.
Sen. Lindsey Graham said in an interview with Fox News' "On the Record" Monday night that he would "absolutely" block the nomination until Panetta explains why the military wasn't called in during the raid.
U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack last September. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton testified for more than five hours last Wednesday before the House and Senate on the attack in Benghazi.
Graham has been critical of President Barack Obama's choice of former Republican Sen. Hagel.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)