Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Graham threatens to block Hagel pick over Libya
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 11:31am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Republican senator is threatening to block the nomination of Chuck Hagel to lead the Pentagon unless Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testifies about the deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya.
Sen. Lindsey Graham said in an interview with Fox News' "On the Record" Monday night that he would "absolutely" block the nomination until Panetta explains why the military wasn't called in during the raid.
U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack last September. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton testified for more than five hours last Wednesday before the House and Senate on the attack in Benghazi.
Graham has been critical of President Barack Obama's choice of former Republican Sen. Hagel.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)