Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Obamas welcome surprised tourists to White House
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 2:10pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama and his wife are personally welcoming surprised tourists to the White House.
First dog Bo joined the welcoming committee Tuesday as Obama decided to spend part of the first full workday of his second term chatting up people taking the White House tour.
Mrs. Obama put out word about their surprise receiving line in the Blue Room by tweeting: "Shhhh! Barack, Bo and I are about to surprise folks on (at)WhiteHouse tours! I love doing this."
Visitors congratulated Obama on the inauguration, chatted about the weather and admired Bo. Most got hearty handshakes; a few got hugs.
Discussing Monday's fairly mild weather for the inaugural, Obama told one guest, "We dodged a bullet."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)