Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obamas welcome surprised tourists to White House
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 2:10pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama and his wife are personally welcoming surprised tourists to the White House.
First dog Bo joined the welcoming committee Tuesday as Obama decided to spend part of the first full workday of his second term chatting up people taking the White House tour.
Mrs. Obama put out word about their surprise receiving line in the Blue Room by tweeting: "Shhhh! Barack, Bo and I are about to surprise folks on (at)WhiteHouse tours! I love doing this."
Visitors congratulated Obama on the inauguration, chatted about the weather and admired Bo. Most got hearty handshakes; a few got hugs.
Discussing Monday's fairly mild weather for the inaugural, Obama told one guest, "We dodged a bullet."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)