Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ex-President George H.W. Bush sends Obama regards
Monday - 1/21/2013, 3:46pm EST
HOUSTON (AP) - Former President George H.W. Bush and his wife, Barbara, are congratulating President Barack Obama as he begins his second term.
The 88-year-old former president issued a statement Monday saying, "Barbara and I send President and Mrs. Obama _ and their wonderful girls _ our best wishes and prayers on this historic day. May Almighty God bless them and our wonderful country over the next four years."
Bush was released a week ago from a Houston hospital where he was treated for nearly two months for a bronchitis-related cough and other health issues. He served two terms as Ronald Reagan's vice president before he was elected in 1988 to his only term as the nation's 41st president.
He was inaugurated Jan. 20, 1989.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)