Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Ex-President George H.W. Bush sends Obama regards
Monday - 1/21/2013, 3:46pm EST
HOUSTON (AP) - Former President George H.W. Bush and his wife, Barbara, are congratulating President Barack Obama as he begins his second term.
The 88-year-old former president issued a statement Monday saying, "Barbara and I send President and Mrs. Obama _ and their wonderful girls _ our best wishes and prayers on this historic day. May Almighty God bless them and our wonderful country over the next four years."
Bush was released a week ago from a Houston hospital where he was treated for nearly two months for a bronchitis-related cough and other health issues. He served two terms as Ronald Reagan's vice president before he was elected in 1988 to his only term as the nation's 41st president.
He was inaugurated Jan. 20, 1989.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)